64-channel 12-/16-bit common-mode input ADC Board
The VME392 is a 64-Channel Common-Mode Input ADC 6U VMEbus board, well suited to applications where autonomous signal conversion is an issue, as well as in standard mid-range applications.
Ideal for mass acquisition, this high-performance 6U 64-channel ADC for VMEbus provides superior conversion performance and low power consumption at a reasonable cost.
The 64 channels are grouped into four sections of 16 and are individually programmable for both input range and filtering. All enabled channels are scanned continuously at maximum rate and each channel 'owns' a memory location that is constantly refreshed with new conversion data. This memory can be read by the host CPU to obtain the most recent conversion value.
Local DSPs (one per 16 channels) perform all functionality like calibration and user specific functions can be added for customized operation.
This VMEbus is also available as 16/32 channel 3U board.
- Four 100kSPS ADC with 16-bit or 12-bit resolution
- Channels can be enabled/disabled individually
- No potentiometers
- 64 single ended input channels
- Onboard filtering with 1kHz cut-off frequency
- Analog front-end is optically isolated
- Onboard DC/DC converter for isolated power supply
- Data acquisition handled by four TMS320C203 DSPs, transparent for user
- Calibration data stored in EEPROM
- Measurement values continuously updated in dual-ported SRAM
- Update rate up to 50kHz
- A16/A24, D16 VMEbus slave interface