Stepper Motor Controller for External Amplifiers VMEbus
The VME322 is a cost-sensitive stepper motor controller 6U VMEbus board to drive external amplifiers. Its rugged design features are ideal for extreme environments, ensuring a long, reliable service life.
Designed to drive up to eight external amplifiers, the VME322 is an ideal solution for all applications where stepper motors must be controlled with maximum flexibility and minimum overheads. Local processors handle all high-level commands to provide maximum control for both straightforward and very complex applications.
This VMEbus has a 6U form and is also available as 3U board.
- A08/D16 M-Module with identification EEPROM
- Controls up to eight external stepper motor amplifiers independently
- Firmware compatible with VME321 intelligent stepper motor controller with onboard amplifiers
- Interrupts on position breakpoint, trajectory complete and command complete
- Optical isolated RS422 interface with onboard isolated power supply
- Step, direction and three general purpose signals available per channel
- One home sensor input per channel (optical isolated)
- Step-rates up to 50kHz
- Programmable acceleration from 50Hz/sec to 5,000kHz/sec