Ruggedized Embedded Computer System
The PowerNECS is a ruggedized,embedded computer system for the aerospace, industrial and transportation markets. a modular platform, providing numerous real-world interfaces.
The master module is based on an MPC555 microcontroller, operating at 40MHz clock frequency and providing dual TPU and CAN interfaces, IrDA and two PCMCIA card slots. The bus master module also supports additional hardware, which can interface to the QSPIs (Queued Serial Peripheral Interface) and TPUs (Time Processor Unit) via a utility connector. The power supply module supplies both the bus master module and all stacked-on modules with five 3.3 and +/- 12 VDC, which it draws from an unregulated EN2282 compliant power input. Additionally, it contains a 4-character ASCII display for monitoring purposes. The power input lines are protected against polarity reversion, transient overvoltage and electromagnetic interference. The PowerNECS runtime support and software library significantly reduce the time required for application software development. To maximize flexibility, application software can be downloaded, debugged and in-situ programmed on each PowerNECS unit via RS-232 using the GNU GCC/GDB/XXGDB toolset or the eCOS real-time operating system.
- MPC555/40MHz microcontroller
- 2MB burst SRAM, 448KB internal flash
- Two optically isolated CANbus interfaces according to ISO/DIS 11898
- M-Bus master interface for one M-Module
- Ruggedized housing, EN2282 compliant power supply
- Programmable 4-character ASCII LED display
- Development support based on GNU GCC/GDB/XXGDB and eCOS