Eight Channel PMC Audio Card
The PMC487 is an eight channel PMC audio card with front and rear I/O for use in embedded computer applications based on the Cmedia CMI8768.
The PMC487 is a single-chip PCI audio controller with integrated codec, full duplex 8-channel DAC and 2-channel ADC, 96k/16-bit playback and 48k/16-bit recording support.
The Integrated SPDIF transmitter can deliver 5.1 Dolby® Digital/DTS®, or 6.1/7.1 Dolby® Digital Surround EX/DTS ES soundtracks and up to 96kHz high-definition audio stream to an external receiver.
The audio interfaces via the PMC487 front panel consist of a line input, a microphone input, a front line output and a speaker output with an onboard stereo amplifier; all using 3.5mm stereo connectors. Optionally, the audio connections can be made via the rear I/O of the PMC487 using the PIM481-J (PMC I/O Module, with four 3.5mm stereo connectors) or the PIM481-DSUB (PMC I/O Module, with 15-pin DSUB connector). The PIM481-J and PIM481-DSUB are to be mounted on a rear transition module. Both the front and rear I/O of the PMC487 are compatible with the PMC481 audio card.
A special PIM with SPDIF interface is available for the PMC487 and driver support for the Cmedia CMI8768-series are included in commonly used operating systems, like Windows, Linux and VxWorks.
- Single slot PMC (IEEE 1386.1-2001) with front I/O and rear I/O
- PCI interface rev.2.2, 33MHz, 32-bit, supports 3.3V and 5V signalling
- Optional PIM (VITA 36) for rear I/O connections
- Cmedia CMI8768 8 channel PCI integrated sound chip
- Four audio connections via front panel
- Front or rear line out selectable by solder jumper to speaker output
- Driver support available in commonly used operating systems
- Temperature range: -20°C to +70°C