PMC 16/24 Channel Serial Card
The PMC451 is a single-wide PMC that provides four high-speed asynchronous or synchronous serial channels.
An FPGA-based 16/24 channel serial card with front and rear I/O. The standard configuration consists of a PCI-core and sixteen (UART16) or twenty-four (UART24) 16C550-uart compatible cores.
The PMC451 has a software configurable physical interface. This card offers the user the possibility to create a combination of RS232 and RS422/RS485 on one card. For the UART16-configuration, for each RS232 interface the Rx, Tx, RTS and CTS signals are available and for each RS422/RS485 interface the Rx and Tx signals are available. For the UART24-configuration, 16channels are fixed RS232 interfaces with Rx and Tx. The other eight channels are configurable as RS232 interface with Rx, Tx, RTS and CTS signals or as RS422/RS485 interface with Rx and Tx signals. This card has a FIFO of 512 Bytes available per Rx and Tx each.
The PMC451 features a 68-pin high dense connector at the front for the connection of all the serial channels. A PIM (PMC I/O Interface) for rear I/O is optional. Because of the fully FPGA-based design, custom protocol interfaces for RS422, RS485 and RS232 are available on request.
- Single PMC slot (IEEE 1386.1-2001) with front I/O and rear I/O
- Optional PIM451 (VITA 36) for rear I/O connections
- Xilinx FPGA softcore PCI interface
- 16C550 compatible host interface
- Software configurable line interface per channel
- UART16-configuration: Rx, Tx, RTS and CTS for each RS232 interface and Rx and Tx for each RS422/RS485 interface
- UART24-configuration: 16 channel Rx and Tx RS232 interface, and eight channel Rx, Tx, RTS and CTS for each RS232 interface and Rx and Tx for each RS422/RS485 interface
- FIFO depth 512Bytes
- BaudRate RS232 up to 250kbps, for RS422/RS485 higher
- RS485/RS422 true fail-safe receivers
- PCI interface: PCI 3.0 compliant, 33MHz, 32-bit interface, 3.3V signalling and 3.3V supply
- Dipswitch selectable line termination
- Available in operating temperatures from 0°C to 60°C and -40°C from +85°C