Industrial Grade Ethernet Switch PMC
The PMC402 is an industrial-grade Ethernet switch, specifically designed to connect devices in network environments that are subject to extreme operating temperatures, vibration and shocks, while offering superior networking and communications performance.
A 9-port Gbit Ethernet unmanaged switch PMC including NIC (Network Interface Controller) for use in embedded computer applications, including media streaming, data transfer and logging, network test equipment, control and monitoring and stand-alone switch. Applying the PMC402 in an embedded computer system can prevent the use of separate switches in the network.
The PMC402 contains two connected Atheros AR8328N Gb Ethernet switches and one Intel 82574IT Ethernet controller as NIC. The NIC is transparently connected to the PMC PCI interface by a PLX PCI to PCIe bridge. The NIC may be connected to one of the switches by a configuration jumper. This offers the most flexible and optimized configuration for applications which use the rear or front connections.
The PMC402 contains a configuration device for "unmanaged" applications. Other project specific configurations are possible on request.
For the NIC, a bootflash chip is available in which a bootloader may be programmed (bootloader not included).
The PMC402 features four RJ45 copper connectors with link and activity indicators. The other four Ethernet connections are available through rear I/O. The PIM402 PIM-module is available for rear I/O connection to a PIM carrier board.
The PMC402 is available in standard temperature, 0°C to +60°C, and industrial temperature, -40°C to +85°C.
Driver support for the Intel 82574IT is included in commonly used operating systems, like Windows, Linux and VxWorks.
- Single slot PMC (IEEE 1386.1-2001) with front I/O and rear I/O
- PCI specification 3.0, 32-bit, 33/66MHz, 3.3V or 5V signalling
- Switch PMC with eight 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with RJ45 connector
- One Intel 82574IT Ethernet controller connected to the PCI (as NIC)
- IEEE802.3 Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-T and 10BASE-T applications
- Four RJ45 connectors on the front
- Four RJ45 connectors through rear I/O and PIM
- Combined activity/Link LED per port
- Driver support available for commonly used operating systems