4-port Ethernet PCI Mezzanine Card
The PMC401 is 4-port Ethernet PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) based controller for use in embedded applications, designed to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
A quad 10/100/1000Mbit Ethernet PMC based controller for use in embedded applications. The PMC401 contains four Intel 82574IT, low power single port Gigabit Ethernet controllers to support hardware-based time stamping, jumbo frames and host offloading features like IPv4 and IPv6 checksum. The Ethernet controllers are transparently connected to the PMC PCI interface via a PLX PCI to PCIe bridge and PCIe switch. The PMC PCI interface is converted into a one lane 2.5Gbs PCIe for each controller.
The front panel has four RJ45 copper connectors with LEDs for a combined link/activity indication. For each Ethernet controller there is a bootflash chip available in which a bootloader may be programmed (bootloader not included).
The PMC401 is available in standard temperature, 0°C to +60°C, and industrial temperature, -40°C to +85°C.
Driver support is also included for most commonly used operating systems.
- Single slot PMC (IEEE 1386.1-2001) with front I/O only
- PCI specification 3.0, 32-bit, 33/66MHz, 3.3V or 5V signalling
- Four auto negotiating 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, RJ45 copper connector with built-in magnetics
- IEEE802.3 Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-T and 10BASE-T applications
- DMA engine
- Boot Flash for each Ethernet controller
- Host offloading features, like IPv4 and IPv6 checksum offload support
- 9kB jumbo frames support
- Combined Activity/Link LED per port
- Software support available in commonly used operating systems
- Support for hardware-based time stamping of IEEE1588 and 802.1AS packets enabling high precision time synchronization over Ethernet
- Combination of conduction cooled PMC and standard PMC with front panel bezel