LVDT/RVDT Controller Module
The M372 is a versatile LVDT/RVDT signal conditioning module for industrial applications.
The M372 LVDT/RVDT controller M-Module is capable of handling up to four LVDT/RVDT devices with 13-bit resolution, using the National Semiconductor LM12458 Data Acquisition System. The device contains a sequencer that allows complex conversion algorithms to execute without host intervention, with results stored in an on-chip FIFO, from which it can be read by the host.
The LVDT/RVDT signal conditioner is implemented using the AD598 from an analog device. This generates the excitation for the LVDT/RVDT devices and measures the feedback on the secondary coils. As a result, it generates a DC voltage that is representative for the core displacement.
This M-Module is also available as a PCI, CompactPCI (3U and 6U) or VMEbus (3U and 6U) product.
- AD598 integrated LVDT signal conditioner for each LVDT channel
- Wide range adjustable LVDT excitation frequency and amplitude
- Interfaces with 4/5/6-wire LVDT/RVDT devices
- Distance between LVDT/RVDT devices and M372 can be up to 100 meters
- LM12458 Integrated Data Acquisition System with 13-bit resolution and sequencer
- Programmable conversion rate, resolution, number of conversions and comparison limits
- Interrupt on numerous programmable events (i.e. sequence completion, limit crossing)
- Operates with minimum CPU intervention after initialization