Six Channel Quadrature Incremental Encoder
The M323 is a 6x quadrature incremental encoder M-Module, designed for use in general automation applications.
The M323 M-Module is an intelligent quadrature incremental encoder interface, based on an MC68332 microcontroller. The M323 can be configured for interfacing quadrature incremental encoders with or without an index channel. In index mode, up to four encoders with two quadrature channels and an index channel can be connected. In non-index mode, up to six encoders with two quadrature channels can be connected.
The M323 operates on two encoder input channels and decodes a pair of out-of-phase signals in order to increment or decrement a 32-bit counter. This product is particularly useful for decoding position and direction information from a slotted encoder in motion control systems.
The MC68332 executes local firmware. Interaction with the host is done via a command structure in dual-ported memory and a mailbox which provides a polling and interrupt mechanism.
This M-Module is also available as a PCI, CompactPCI (3U and 6U) or VMEbus (3U and 6U) product.
- Local MC68332 executes intelligent firmware
- 64KB RAM shared with the M-Module bus
- Up to 4Mbit local EPROM or flash memory in socket
- A08/D16 M-Module interface
- Mailbox with polling and/or host interrupt, local interrupt mechanism
- Identification EEPROM
- In index-mode up to four encoders with two quadrature channels and an index signal can be connected
- In non-index-mode up to six encoders with two quadrature channels can be connected