Stepper Motor Controller for External Amplifiers
The M322 is a cost-sensitive stepper motor controller M-Module to drive external amplifiers. Its rugged design features are ideal for extreme environments, ensuring a long, reliable service life.
The M322 is the ideal solution for all applications where stepper motors must be controlled by means of an external amplifier, and where a maximum of flexibility and a minimum of overhead is required.
The local MC68332 microcontroller handles commands passed on from the host CPU and generates signals to the external amplifiers (two channels). All signals on the M322 are industrial (open collector, 28V/20mA). Step and direction are also RS422 buffered. Per channel, separate step and direction signals are available. For enhanced external amplifier control, three general purpose outputs and one home-input are available.
The board is also available as a PCI, CompactPCI (3U and 6U) and VMEbus (3U and 6U).
- Local MC68332 executes intelligent firmware
- A08/D16 M-Module with identification EEPROM
- Controls two external stepper motor amplifiers independently
- Firmware compatible with M321 intelligent stepper motor controller with onboard amplifiers
- Interrupts on position breakpoint, trajectory complete, etc
- Optical isolated RS422 interface with onboard isolated power supply
- Step, direction and three general purpose output signals available per channel
- Step and direction signals also available as RS422
- One home sensor input per channel (optical isolated)
- Step-rates up to 50kHz