Stepper Motor Controller with Onboard Amplifiers
The M321 is a cost-sensitive stepper motor controller M-Module with amplifiers. Its rugged design features are ideal for extreme environments, ensuring a long, reliable service life.
The M321 stepper motor controller with onboard amplifiers is an ideal solution for all applications where stepper motors must be controlled with a maximum of flexibility and a minimum of overhead. The local MC68332 microcontroller handles commands passed on from the host CPU and takes care of controlling the onboard power amplifiers to drive either two 2-phase motors (independent) or one 4-phase motor. The amplifiers are bi-polar driving circuits in constant current driving mode. Amplifiers are over-current and thermal protected.
Full-, half- and microstepping capability is provided by the local firmware. Up to 16 microsteps per full step can be made. Two optical isolated home-inputs provide means for feedback on home position.
Also available as a PCI, CompactPCI (3U and 6U) and VMEbus (3U and 6U) product.
- Local MC68332 executes firmware
- Controls two 2-phase, or one 4-phase motor
- Interrupts on position breakpoint, trajectory complete, etc
- Each phase delivers 3A @ 55V and is over-current and thermal protected
- Programmable hold-current reduction
- User configurable maximum current
- Brake support
- Full-, half- and microstepping capability
- Up to 16 microsteps per full step
- Two home sensor inputs
- Step-rates up to 50kHz
- Programmable acceleration from 50Hz/s to 5000kHz/s
- Hardware synchronization lines
- 32-bit absolute and relative position
- Synchronous motion via TRIGA, TRIGB or software trigger