General Timing Analyser/Synthesizer Module
Ideal for timing analysis, multiprocessor/bus applications, and embedded software analysis, the M312 supports the ability to quickly monitor, capture and analyze real-time digital system operation in order to debug, verify, optimize, and validate digital systems.
The M312 general timing analyser/synthesizer M-Module has an MC68332 CPU. The highly-integrated 32-bit microcontroller contains intelligent peripheral modules, such as the time processor unit (TPU) which provides 16 microcoded channels for performing time-related activities – from simple input capture or output compare to complicated motor control or pulse width modulation. All 16 TPU channels and four general purpose I/O channels are buffered and available on the connector for use with for instance an external amplifier.
The specific behaviour of the M312 is defined by the user software. The example code that is available, provides the users with a flying start for application development.
This M-Module is also available as a PCI, CompactPCI (3U and 6U) and VMEbus (3U and 6U).
- MC68332 local 32-bit microcontroller with up to 1MB memory, of which 128KB is dual ported
- Optional onboard flash memory up to 4Mbit
- Jumper selectable boot device (RAM or EPROM)
- 16 buffered TPU channels
- Four general purpose buffered I/O channels
- All TPU channels and buffered I/O lines have individual programmable direction
- Onboard firmware is extendable