6U Quad M-Module Carrier for VMEbus
The i4000 is a 6U form factor quad M-Module carrier board for universal I/O on the VMEbus.
The i4000 offers the user a means of integrating a mix of m-modules in a VMEbus system, via four M-Module mounting sockets.
The interrupt controller has a vector register for each M-Module interface. If a module is able to generate its own vector, the i4000 simply passes the interrupt request to the VMEbus. Interrupts for each M-Module can be masked separately. The level on which an interrupt is issued to the VMEbus, is selectable by setting a DIP-switch. This is valid for all four M-Module interfaces.
The base address of the i4000 is configurable by DIP-switches, which maps it in the standard (A24) or short I/O (A16) space of the VMEbus. These DIP-switches are accessible for configuration even when all modules are mounted.
- Features four M-Module slots
- Occupies only one VMEbus slot
- Selectable short or standard VMEbus addressing (A16/A24) with byte (even/odd) or word data transfers (D08(E/O)/D16)
- Programmable interrupt controller with D08(O) interrupter characteristics
- Separate interrupt vector available for each (M-Module) slot
- Peripheral I/O connections on front (M-Module)